Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I am so fortunate


We had a very senior official from coca cola to lecture  us today in our campus. He was telling us about the Operational Excellence. It was a brilliant lecture. Between the lecture he said " In order to be successful in the future you have to selectively forget the past".  On coming back to my room I was thinking about it.  We spent a lot of our time thinking about the mistakes we have done in the past not realizing that it is destroying our present.  In the majority of the free time we get, memories of the past keep haunting us.  Why I couldn't make it to IIT?  Why I was not able to tell her my feelings? I should not have said that to him.  The list is countless.  Now if we replace it by the questions : What can I do further in my career to get a better salary?, How should I go about finding a girlfriend?, I will say sorry to him tomorrow. Not only will this result in a better future, it was also make us more confident.  As a famous saying goes "I was in blues for I had no shoes , until I went on the street and found a person who had no feet." .  Whenever you feel dejected and low in your life look  out for people who were not as fortunate as you are.  Once in the morning assembly my principal was addressing me. At that time I was cribbing a lot as I was given Computer for my class XII as the seats were full.  My  principal pointed out to a bunch of street children who were watching us standing on the wall of our building. He said  students, look at them. Ask them how much they wish to be  here standing at your place. You are fortunate that you can afford to study here, so don't waste the opportunity God has bestowed on you. It was a very emotional moment for me , as I had tears in my eyes after seeing them. I never realized I was so fortunate. That day changed my life at school and I happily accepted the subjects assigned to me. I follow  that practice to this day....

No comments: