Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Friends are similar


New Delhi. The capital of India is my playground now. IIT as it is known as. Its been 3 weeks that i have been here. I have made some new friends.  I am still in touch with my old friends  whom I miss a lot, but I have started getting along  pretty well with few people  with whom I am going to spend the next two years of my life. I was walking with one of my new friends  at 3:00 a.m in the morning (ya we do stay up that late) and suddenly he said something to which I replied "Hey i had a friend exactly like you in my last college" to which he replied "I  too had a friend who was very similar to you". Is this a mere co incidence? I don't think so. To test this just recall mentally all the friends you had in the past. If they were from different places even better. After you carefully analyse their traits a strong correlation will appear between them. Why do you think this happens? This is because the friends you chose  depends a lot on your behavior and  some latent psychology peculiar to you. You will always go for similar type of people with whom you will enjoy to stay with. Of course exception to this rule are there but aren't exceptions a part of life.  You might make some friends arising out of compulsions or selfish motives but such people are of the type "out of sight is out of mind". The once you will truly chose to hang on and be in touch even when you are far off  will follow a pattern. 

No comments: