Sunday, July 6, 2008

A New Begining

I was just sitting in front of my PC from the past few days refreshing the orkut home page 10^16 times in a day. The number of scraps and community messages seemed to be as constant as the adamant attitude of the left on the nuclear deal. Gmail was also not very encouraging although my memberships to different yahoo groups (I know its a sin to subscribe yahoo groups in Gmail) and some other sites ensured at least some activity. Suddenly I went through the orkut profile of one of my new college to be batch mate and I found a blog link in it. This gave me a third site which could provide me more means to kill time and ensure that I do not put the same load on the orkut servers. I opened my blog which seemed like I was taking a rusted car out of the junk yard and which was irreparable. Hence I decided to delete it altogether and went on to create a new post with a new URL.

Selecting URL was the first hurdle I faced. No matter how strange my URL was a message used to appear on the screen which said
"URL already taken".

No matter how strange my URL used to be it was already taken. Even a dictionary refused to help. Still after some 50 unsuccessful attempts I have got a hosting URL. After that the word verification proved to be the second problem. The word image for verification resembles some text which could very well be certified by a leading archaeologist of the 'early man era'. It seemed that Google had snapped them from some encryption's found in the prehistoric caves. But after asking for a new word thrice something remotely resembling English appeared on the screen. But still retyping it correctly was a far fetched dream. I think Google must take a cue from the famous show of Big B the 'KBC' and provide us with 4 options and 2 life lines. I finished this task also but only after I had used a magnifying glass of some astronomic focal length. And finally here I am. Hope the fate of this blog is not the same as my last one.

No comments: